- RT @dcrcuk: Congrats to SW Creative Tech Network @UWEBristol lead on successful bid #industrialStrategy @Wshed @Kaleider RIO @ProffJon http… 2 years ago
- RT @dcrcuk: Urban Knights - the VR Edition - 18:30hrs 7.11.17 @PMStudioUK Hear from @ZubrVR, @susanploetz & Jen Stein - Book NOW https://t.… 2 years ago
- RT @dcrcuk: @alex_nevill ’s brilliant solo exhibition - In Light of Moving Images - 4-7 Nov @centrespace1 Do NOT miss! https://t.co/uia… 2 years ago
- RT @Ajprescott: Come along to the international symposium @UofGInfoStudies on 7 sept: eventbrite.co.uk/e/information-… 2 years ago
- RT @wshed: Check out our new Box Office! Pop in and say hello to the team if you're passing 😊 https://t.co/tUSNf7alht 2 years ago
- RT @PMStudioUK: Submissions now open for the Journal of Pervasive Media twitter.com/PlayFairIre/st… 3 months ago
- Join the Control Shift Network.. an exciting new arts programme coming to Bristol in June 2020… We're looking for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- Enjoy finding creative solutions to problems, planning events, and generally keeping things on course? We’re look… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- We’re looking for a dynamic Research Centre Administrator to join the team @dcrcuk - Enjoy finding creative solutio… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- RT @sytaffel: This arrived! A huge thanks to everyone at @BloomsburyAcad for making it a thing https://t.co/rs9GfU8Hem 7 months ago
If you enjoyed the postdigi event you might like i-docs2012 – Watershed Bristol, 22-23 March – including an update on my Curzon Project, geo-spatial documentary and my current AHRC REACT Hub project, City Strata and the Cinemap Layer on Friday 23rd.
Tickets are available at here – register now to avoid disappointment!
We’ve posted a little video of the postdigi event up on vimeo:
Russell Davies, of Wired fame, reflects again on the postdigital in his blog, claiming to have coined the term at the Thinking Digital conference in 2009 (but see our food for thought post for an earlier publication with ‘postdigital’ in the title…).
Reminder: Call for Submissions
We are seeking moving image work on film, video and new media platforms. We welcome work from doctoral students and post doctoral researchers, as well as those at the cutting edge of practice research both nationally and internationally. Following a hiatus, Screenworks has been relaunched online, under the new JMPScreenworks banner, under the editorship of Dr Charlotte Crofts (University of the West of England). Volumes 1 (2007) and 2 (2008) were published on DVD and distributed with The Journal of Media Practice. We are now seeking new submissions for our online publication, following the relaunch at the JMP Symposium in June 2011, aiming to make work available for the annual MeCCSA Conference in Jan 2012. This volume of Screenworks will be an open call.
The deadline for consideration for Vol 3 is Friday Sep 30th 2011. Submissions should be emailed to Dr Charlotte Crofts at email@example.com, with “Screenworks Submission” in the subject line – with the 1500-word supporting research statement attached as a Word .doc, including a live URL to the screenwork itself on Vimeo, with password where necessary.
Please see the website for detailed submission requirements and the submission form: http://www.jmpscreenworks.com/page/submissions
Most of the presentations from Postdigi have now been uploaded – you can find them under the individual panels under Programme. We’re working on some audio and video to put up here to document the day – I’ll keep you posted.