- RT @clarered: Bristol's Harbourside is a hot mess today and Coke Zero seems to have exacerbated it https://t.co/sQjYbfr0Cb 3 days ago
- RT @JoannaLansdowne: Bristol to become a test network for 5G. Huge congratulations to @Dsimeo and team gov.uk/government/new… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Ajprescott: Forthcoming call on immersive experience projects. Please rt and come to the meetings! #heritagedata twitter.com/ahrcpress/stat… 1 month ago
- RT @AngrySalmond: The greatest thing you'll see today...https://t.co/q7XvNzT6Q0 1 month ago
- RT @ChloeMeineck: For #DAW2017 Dementia Awareness Week we'll be showing @MusicMemBox tomorrow at @wshed from 12:30 - 1:45pm come and chat t… 2 months ago
- RT @ESRC: The cost of dementia is est. US$818 billion a year and there are around 47m people living with dementia: ow.ly/fK6Y30dM27i… 1 week ago
- Make your own extraordinary story....Life changing experiences - Watershed's Artist Residencies Apply before July 24 wshd.to/p/14022 1 week ago
- RT @LicoriceHazel: Delighted to be working with @riklander on @IamEchoborg all this week. Latest iteration with trials. https://t.co/IuUy1B… 1 week ago
- RT @LaDeleuziana: Our new CALL FOR PAPERS is open. Vol. 6: Milieux of Desire (deadline 1st September 2017): ladeleuziana.org/milieux-of-des… 1 week ago
- RT @LSEImpactBlog: How can your research have more impact? Five key principles and practical tips for effective knowledge exchange https://… 2 weeks ago
If you enjoyed the postdigi event you might like i-docs2012 – Watershed Bristol, 22-23 March – including an update on my Curzon Project, geo-spatial documentary and my current AHRC REACT Hub project, City Strata and the Cinemap Layer on Friday 23rd.
Tickets are available at here – register now to avoid disappointment!
We’ve posted a little video of the postdigi event up on vimeo:
Russell Davies, of Wired fame, reflects again on the postdigital in his blog, claiming to have coined the term at the Thinking Digital conference in 2009 (but see our food for thought post for an earlier publication with ‘postdigital’ in the title…).
Reminder: Call for Submissions
We are seeking moving image work on film, video and new media platforms. We welcome work from doctoral students and post doctoral researchers, as well as those at the cutting edge of practice research both nationally and internationally. Following a hiatus, Screenworks has been relaunched online, under the new JMPScreenworks banner, under the editorship of Dr Charlotte Crofts (University of the West of England). Volumes 1 (2007) and 2 (2008) were published on DVD and distributed with The Journal of Media Practice. We are now seeking new submissions for our online publication, following the relaunch at the JMP Symposium in June 2011, aiming to make work available for the annual MeCCSA Conference in Jan 2012. This volume of Screenworks will be an open call.
The deadline for consideration for Vol 3 is Friday Sep 30th 2011. Submissions should be emailed to Dr Charlotte Crofts at email@example.com, with “Screenworks Submission” in the subject line – with the 1500-word supporting research statement attached as a Word .doc, including a live URL to the screenwork itself on Vimeo, with password where necessary.
Please see the website for detailed submission requirements and the submission form: http://www.jmpscreenworks.com/page/submissions
Most of the presentations from Postdigi have now been uploaded – you can find them under the individual panels under Programme. We’re working on some audio and video to put up here to document the day – I’ll keep you posted.