Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- RT @PMStudioUK: Join us for this Friday's Lunchtime Talk 1pm where @rosiepoes talks Vulnerable Creativity watershed.co.uk/studio/events/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Jenna_Merle: Islands, rapid radiations, DNA, and historical specimens. @mjandersen43 on studying evolution: unm-bioblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/avian-… htt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @i_docs: Don’t miss! - 21st Century Docs @i_docs is joined by Alexandre Brachet (UPIAN) & William Uricchio (MIT) April 10th https://t.c… 2 weeks ago
- RT @i_docs: Ever wondered how to fuse digital and live experiences? @UWEBristol & @PMStudioUK new Creative Producer MA is open! https://t.c… 3 weeks ago
- RT @i_docs: New Creative Producer MA! - Only 10 places available, w 2 bursaries for BAME applicants. @PMStudio & @UWEBristol. https://t.co/… 1 month ago
If you enjoyed the postdigi event you might like i-docs2012 – Watershed Bristol, 22-23 March – including an update on my Curzon Project, geo-spatial documentary and my current AHRC REACT Hub project, City Strata and the Cinemap Layer on Friday 23rd.
Tickets are available at here – register now to avoid disappointment!
We’ve posted a little video of the postdigi event up on vimeo:
Russell Davies, of Wired fame, reflects again on the postdigital in his blog, claiming to have coined the term at the Thinking Digital conference in 2009 (but see our food for thought post for an earlier publication with ‘postdigital’ in the title…).
Reminder: Call for Submissions
We are seeking moving image work on film, video and new media platforms. We welcome work from doctoral students and post doctoral researchers, as well as those at the cutting edge of practice research both nationally and internationally. Following a hiatus, Screenworks has been relaunched online, under the new JMPScreenworks banner, under the editorship of Dr Charlotte Crofts (University of the West of England). Volumes 1 (2007) and 2 (2008) were published on DVD and distributed with The Journal of Media Practice. We are now seeking new submissions for our online publication, following the relaunch at the JMP Symposium in June 2011, aiming to make work available for the annual MeCCSA Conference in Jan 2012. This volume of Screenworks will be an open call.
The deadline for consideration for Vol 3 is Friday Sep 30th 2011. Submissions should be emailed to Dr Charlotte Crofts at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Screenworks Submission” in the subject line – with the 1500-word supporting research statement attached as a Word .doc, including a live URL to the screenwork itself on Vimeo, with password where necessary.
Please see the website for detailed submission requirements and the submission form: http://www.jmpscreenworks.com/page/submissions
Most of the presentations from Postdigi have now been uploaded – you can find them under the individual panels under Programme. We’re working on some audio and video to put up here to document the day – I’ll keep you posted.