- RT @ruth_farrar: This morning I absorbed ideas on Derrida, inner zombies+saw an image of Nicole Kidman turned inside out #computer #art ... 1 month ago
- RT @bokehmia: RT @i_docs: Hot off the press: sign up for WEBDOX (Leuven) and the i-doc workshop (Nyon)! flip.it/jtYkw 1 month ago
- RT @sproutness: An impressive @PMStudioUK projects inspired strand for CAS/CADE conference curated by @dcrcuk > Mon 8 April @wshed ht ... 1 month ago
- RT @dcrcuk: Re:Materialisations - @dcrcuk presents projects at the junction of ubiquitous computing and art CAS/CADE 2013 8.4.13 http:/ ... 1 month ago
- RT @i_docs: @i_docs a la une!! - Sandra Gaudenzi parle de webdocs @BBCClick avec @abrachet @ronez bbc.in/Xy086m 1 month ago
- Amazing new tech from MIT: Eyes-on: MIT Media Lab's Smarter Objects can map a user interface onto... anything engadget.com/2013/04/29/eye… 2 weeks ago
- New post & video about last years XX Games Jam | No boys allowed: Women unite at the first all-female games jam bit.ly/15Q1qBu 3 weeks ago
- Searching for Happiness at The Festival of Ideas: a meditation on culture,values & the meaning of life by @CollabDocs bit.ly/ZkKMHE 3 weeks ago
- RT @sproutness: #CASCADE18 example of an audio project that let's you explore sounds of machines around you youtube.com/watch?v=BIQtA3… @_dspk 1 month ago
- RT @sproutness: #CASCADE18 @_dspk Public space is a loose term, since the landowner will determine what can happen in that space. Call i ... 1 month ago
If you enjoyed the postdigi event you might like i-docs2012 – Watershed Bristol, 22-23 March – including an update on my Curzon Project, geo-spatial documentary and my current AHRC REACT Hub project, City Strata and the Cinemap Layer on Friday 23rd.
Tickets are available at here – register now to avoid disappointment!
We’ve posted a little video of the postdigi event up on vimeo:
Russell Davies, of Wired fame, reflects again on the postdigital in his blog, claiming to have coined the term at the Thinking Digital conference in 2009 (but see our food for thought post for an earlier publication with ‘postdigital’ in the title…).
Reminder: Call for Submissions
We are seeking moving image work on film, video and new media platforms. We welcome work from doctoral students and post doctoral researchers, as well as those at the cutting edge of practice research both nationally and internationally. Following a hiatus, Screenworks has been relaunched online, under the new JMPScreenworks banner, under the editorship of Dr Charlotte Crofts (University of the West of England). Volumes 1 (2007) and 2 (2008) were published on DVD and distributed with The Journal of Media Practice. We are now seeking new submissions for our online publication, following the relaunch at the JMP Symposium in June 2011, aiming to make work available for the annual MeCCSA Conference in Jan 2012. This volume of Screenworks will be an open call.
The deadline for consideration for Vol 3 is Friday Sep 30th 2011. Submissions should be emailed to Dr Charlotte Crofts at email@example.com, with “Screenworks Submission” in the subject line – with the 1500-word supporting research statement attached as a Word .doc, including a live URL to the screenwork itself on Vimeo, with password where necessary.
Please see the website for detailed submission requirements and the submission form: http://www.jmpscreenworks.com/page/submissions
Most of the presentations from Postdigi have now been uploaded – you can find them under the individual panels under Programme. We’re working on some audio and video to put up here to document the day – I’ll keep you posted.